For most small businesses, one of their top pain points marketing-wise is not being able to get website traffic, resulting in lower revenues due to less people visiting their website. Getting people’s eyeballs on your website is an important indicator and driver of business growth over the long term. This can help you to:
- Generate new leads, engage with the new leads and ultimately convert them to buyers.
- Get important insights about your audience’s behavior.
- Improve your search engine credibility and business authority.
Achieving these benefits requires that you drive quality traffic to your website the right way. At Merit-Based Marketing, we use a holistic approach focused on getting results. We don’t believe in doing any short tricks to get short term results rather we focus on actions that provide the long term results for our clients.
In this article, we take a deep dive into how we got dramatic results for one of our clients. Some of the results we got are:
- Increasing their landing page traffic by 333%
- Created a record 61 backlinks in just 1 month
- Increase the average session duration by 56%
- Increase their clicks by 169% and Impressions by 127%
- Improve their organic search traffic by 119%
Now, let me tell you, this is a very competitive niche. When we started working with them, we did a complete technical SEO audit. This gave us a good understanding of where they currently are and what strategies we should adopt to take them to where they want to be.
Below are some of the major things we did:
- Review all urls and optimize them as needed.
- Review 404 URL and create proper 301 redirects
- Remove long redirect chains
- Fix broken links
- Optimize internal linking
- Optimize images by compressing them and creating proper alt tags and descriptions.
- Optimize the title tags for all pages starting with the homepage and main product pages.
One of the other things which turned out to be a game-changer was to do a comprehensive competitor analysis. Everyone hates to get outranked and a competitor analysis tells you things such as:
- Find what’s working and replicate or improve it in your business.
- Understand your competitor’s weakness and focus on correcting it in your business.
- Get a clear understanding of what works and what doesn’t.
- Finding the keywords that generate your competitor’s highest ROI.
- Make a solid strategy to outperform your competitor.
Ultimately you want to rank higher in Google, reduce your marketing budget and have the biggest ROI. Competitor analysis is vital, as it tells you where you stand in comparison. When we thoroughly analyze various factors, we found golden opportunities that increased the traffic by leaps.
For this client, we found which pages are driving traffic to the competitors.
After finding that one of the competitor’s pages was ranking for hundreds of keywords (with minimal backlinks), we created a better-optimized page than what the competitor has. We published the new page at the end of January and in February we got 61 backlinks.
By publishing quality content, we also increased the number of clicks.
We also increased the number of sessions (visits to the site) from organic search by 119%.
Best of all, the landing page traffic bumped by a whopping 333%.
If you would like to see how we can create similar results for you to grow your business, click below and schedule a free consultation. We’ll help answer your questions and steer you onto the right page for your personal circumstances.